ITSS Germany PhD Dissertation Award
The IEEE ITSS Germany – Best PhD Dissertation Award is given annually for the best PhD dissertation in any ITS area that is innovative and relevant to practice.
This award is established to encourage doctoral research in Germany that combines theory and practice, makes in depth technical contributions, or is interdisciplinary in nature, having the potential to contribute to the ITSS and broaden the ITS topic areas from either the methodological or application perspectives.
Each application must consist of the following materials:
- A doctoral dissertation written by the applicant in any language at a German institution, no more than 24 months prior to the submission deadline.
- A summary of the dissertation in English of up to 3 pages in length written by the PhD candidate, highlighting the significance of the problem, the technical approach taken, application context and potential, and the scope of the dissertation.
- Sample published paper(s) in English based on the dissertation written primarily by the PhD candidate in scientific journals such as the IEEE Transactions on ITS, the IEEE ITS Magazine, or IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles.
- Listing of all publications by the applicant in the related field(s).
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s dissertation advisor that assesses the significance of the research, attests to the originality of the work, and comments on the engagement of the applicant in the ITS field and the IEEE ITS Society.
Please submit the nomination materials to using a shared online folder or by email to email@example.com
The winners will receive a cash prize.
A dedicated selection committee will evaluate all qualified applications and make selections.